TGC Men's Rules Updated 3/10/12
1. To see the men's FIG Code of Points, click on link below, select 03 MAG then 01-1 MAG.
2009-2012 Men's FIG Code of Points Revision #6
2. The men use NCAA men's gymnastics rules and count 3 scores per event (NCAA counts 4). Basically,
NCAA rules are the FIG (International) standard rules except that a B as well as a C dismount will receive 0.3 Element Group
NEW for 2011: NCAA FX is now timed per FIG Rules (70
>70 sec .1 deduction
>72 sec .3
>75 sec .5
Top 10 skills are counted for difficulty prior to determining special requirements (does not affect most routines).
Rules for 2012
1. NCAA Vault Values are FIG minus 1.0 points.
2. Through the
Texas A&M Meet (4 February), an extra mat up to 10 cm will be allowed for any tumbling skill. However, this mat may not
be moved during the exercise.
Use all the items from this NGJA page for NCAA Rules for Men:
NCAA Rules & Supplements
3. Use all the USAG Interpretations
(and Vault Table) from this NGJA page
DO NOT use JO rule intrepretations for TGC Competitions.
However, NAIGC Nationals use the JO Level 9 Rules
for Men. Very similar now to FIG/NCAA except only 8 skills count rather than 10 and JO interpretations apply (such as any
simple gymnastics skill receives an A value but no element group credit).
Questions? Click E-mail link below!
Ask Your TGC Men's Judging Questions (Click Here)
1. To see the women's FIG Code of Points, click on
link below, select 04 MAG then 01-1 WAG CoP.
2009-2012 Women's FIG Code of Points
2. Women use USAG JO Level 9 modified rules
and count 4 scores per event. The NAIGC website has a good description of women's rules used at NAIGC Nationals and TGC competetions.
Click on the link below to go to the women's rules page.
NAIGC Women's Rules